Filed under: arrested development, crazy, friends, movies, tv, victor hugo
take a look at banner, michael!
please check out my “side project,” created with my good friend z.
it’s here at lesmiserabluths.tumblr.com
…and don’t edit this for your broadcast
so it looks like i’m screaming “i killed earl milford!”
true story: some friends and i have watched 16 edward norton movies in a week.
Filed under: boston, crazy, current events, i was born in the wrong decade, i'm serious, kafka, keith richards, leonard cohen, magic, music, new england, things i like
i almost died of pure joy on sunday at the JFK library. here’s why.
1. i was within 15 feet of leonard cohen, paul simon, chuck berry, elvis costello, al kooper.
2. i was about 5 feet away from keith richards. i waved at him as he was getting on the elevator. he looked straight at me and smiled. it was a life highlight.
3. bob dylan sent an email to congratulate chuck berry [on the PEN new england songwriting award] that said, “give my regards to leonard cohen, the kafka of the blues, and lord byron keith if he shows up.” the greatest. no one says it like bob.
4. leonard cohen made a short, wry speech. and paul simon talked for a bit.
5. keith and elvis played chuck berry’s “promised land” on stage.
still processing all of this. it felt surreal, especially since i didn’t even plan on going to the event until the last minute, but it was all the more awesome for its spontaneity. a lucky day if there ever was one.
“men have called me mad; but the question is not yet settled, whether madness is or is not the loftiest intelligence- whether much that is glorious- whether all that is profound- does not spring from disease of thought- from moods of mind exalted at the expense of the general intellect.”
– edgar allan poe, “eleonora”
“john in a less serious moment in his personal
recording studio in his weybridge home in 1967.”
last night at the violet hour was pretty much just like this.
Filed under: crazy, i was born in the wrong decade, keith richards, music, things i like
home: any stop on the endless highway.
age: built from scratch.
“… keith is a beautiful black-lined avenger who swaggers in the silt like sleep was a form of the hustle. walks and stalks it in the the tradition, still raw and almost young, the last first rocker to live forever.”
speaking of living in a cave, here is a cave in cappadocia that is my new dream home.
“some of the couple’s caves remain works in progress, used to store their various collections: decorative wrought iron, iranian copper trays, antique brass beds, terra-cotta amphora… but other spaces have been left untouched… as a sort of ‘garden of impermanence.'” – beautiful. story & photos (including a view from the outside of the sprawling cave complex) from the nyt.
“the last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.”
no surprise that darth is way into it.