i forgot i had a blog (for maybe the 20th time in this blog’s existence).
…i’ve been too busy trying to get a life.
here are some things from a tumblr i have recently come to adore,
lines from the man on old postcards and found images. brilliantly done.
i especially enjoy the repeated line from ‘stranger song’ with the stereo photograph.
Filed under: art, coffee, i was born in the wrong decade, leonard cohen, music
i am on a massive leonard cohen kick. true genius.
Filed under: boston, crazy, current events, i was born in the wrong decade, i'm serious, kafka, keith richards, leonard cohen, magic, music, new england, things i like
i almost died of pure joy on sunday at the JFK library. here’s why.
1. i was within 15 feet of leonard cohen, paul simon, chuck berry, elvis costello, al kooper.
2. i was about 5 feet away from keith richards. i waved at him as he was getting on the elevator. he looked straight at me and smiled. it was a life highlight.
3. bob dylan sent an email to congratulate chuck berry [on the PEN new england songwriting award] that said, “give my regards to leonard cohen, the kafka of the blues, and lord byron keith if he shows up.” the greatest. no one says it like bob.
4. leonard cohen made a short, wry speech. and paul simon talked for a bit.
5. keith and elvis played chuck berry’s “promised land” on stage.
still processing all of this. it felt surreal, especially since i didn’t even plan on going to the event until the last minute, but it was all the more awesome for its spontaneity. a lucky day if there ever was one.